Brainworks Capital, the Zimbabwean private equity and advisory firm, is reportedly acquiring mobile wallet company, Nettcash in a two-phase, $1.3 million deal according to The Herald. Having received regulatory approval to buy the 40% stake owned by a local business consortium, the firm is now waiting for approvals to acquire U.S. company Mozido’s 51% stake.
Nettcash offers its customers a range of financial services including bill and merchant payments, salary and pension disbursements, airtime top-up, microfinance solutions as well as ecommerce and remittances services. The company plans to leverage its functionality across all three mobile networks in Zimbabwe to increase its market share in a country where demand of mobile money solutions is expanding in the face of worsening cash shortages.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.