d.light, the solar lighting and power products company with operations in Africa and Asia has landed $22.5 million in financing from a consortium including private equity investors including KawiSafi Ventures Fund, Energy Access Ventures, Omidyar Network and NewQuest Capital Partners.
The financing was made up of a $15 million Series ‘D’ round as well as $2.5 million in debt funding raised through SunFunder, a solar finance debt investor based in San Francisco and Tanzania. The balance of the financing comes in the form of $5 million in grants from the Shell Foundation, the U.S. Agency for International Development’s Development Innovation Ventures arm and the United Nations Capital Development Fund.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.