EuroMena III, a Capital Trust-managed private equity fund, is acquiring a minority stake in Retail Holdings in an undisclosed deal. The fresh capital is being earmarked to support the Moroccan retailer’s expansion plans.
Founded in the mid-1980’s, Retail Holdings is now one of the larger retailers in Morocco, enjoying franchise relationships with a number of leading global brands. Recently, the company struck out south of the Sahara, acquiring control of Compagnie de distribution de Cote d’Ivoire or CDCI, one of the West African country’s largest food distributor.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.