Africa Special Opportunities Capital has completed its deal to recapitalize Okuhle Media. The transaction was prompted earlier by a number of events destabilizing to South Africa’s film and TV industry earlier in the year. The financial terms of the deal were not reported.
Okuhle Media is one of South Africa’s top producers of media content for both the domestic and international markets. The firm produces a daily-live show, Hectic Nine-9 which is now in its 12th season and has an audience of over 2,5 million viewers every week. Other South African shows include lifestyle shows such as Sarah Graham Food Safari and Neill Anthony Private Chef which have also been distributed to Europe, the Middle East, North America and Australia.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.