Sev Vettivetpillai, who left The Abraaj Group earlier this year, has joined LGT Group as head of the asset manager’s impact investment arm, LGT Impact. A well-known emerging markets investor, Vettivetpillai resigned from Abraaj in December last year, where he’d been a member of both the firm’s investment and executive committees as well as Chairing the group’s Partners Council. He left the high-profile emerging markets investment firm in March.
Having led impact investing for Abraaj, he has now been recruited by the LGT Group to significantly expand LGT Impact and its investment activities. His plans reportedly include building a team of about 50 investment professionals and raising regional funds for Latin America, sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia and Europe. The unit is focused on investment opportunities in education, health care, energy and agriculture.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.