Ecobank has added the leadership role of its investment banking business to the management portfolio of the institution’s current Group Executive of Corporate Banking following the retirement of Amin Manekia last year. The new Group Executive, Corporate and Investment Bank is Akin Dada who joined Ecobank in 2017 as the Executive Director for Corporate Bank in Nigeria, before becoming the Group Executive, Corporate Bank in January last year.
Before joining Ecobank, Dada had been the Managing Director for Citigroup in Cameroon. In a 26-year career at Citigroup, he worked in a variety of senior transaction, relationship management, and business development roles in several client segments such as FMCG, Telecoms, Oil & Gas, and the Public Sector. His work there included a broad range of transactions in loan syndications and project finance deals, as well as providing corporate finance transaction advice and execution services for clients.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.