Oasis Capital Ghana has announced its second investment for the $50 million Africa VC Fund of the month, this time backing a fashion and design educational company headquartered in Accra. The Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design (or JACCD for short) offers tertiary and professional training opportunities to fashion and graphic designers at three locations – two in Accra and a third in Kumasi in Southern Ghana. The terms of the deal had not been made available as we went to press.
JACCD has earmarked the capital from the investment to expand and modernize its campus facilities as well as broaden its degree and professional program offering to include additional creative disciplines. In training creative people in modern design approaches, critical thinking, and entrepreneurial skills, the college can help unlock its students’ full potential, benefiting Ghana’s economy.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.