Breyer Capital, the venture firm founded and managed by high-profile American venture capitalist Jim Breyer, has led a group of investors backing Chaka, a Nigerian fintech, with $1.5 million. The other investors participating in the round include 4DX Ventures, Golden Palm Investments, Future Africa, Seedstars, and Musha Ventures. The valuation terms of the round have not been disclosed.
“We are proud to align ourselves with a company that is leveling the investment playing field for Nigerians (and Africans at large),” said Breyer. “We’re confident in the value Chaka provides through its digital tools, and we look forward to playing our part in supporting Tosin, Bo, Olaolu, and the Chaka team.”
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.