Financial services giant Old Mutual is teaming up with venture capital firm Anthemis Group to source and invest in Series B and Series C stage startups operating in the insuretech sector in Africa and the broader world. The partnership is designed to combine Anthemis’s networks and skills and Old Mutual’s capital to find and back companies that help bolster the development and introduction of innovative solutions across Old Mutual’s value chain.
The collaboration sees Old Mutual act as the exclusive strategic investor for the Anthemis Insurance Venture Growth Fund or AIVGF. Anthemis will deploy Old Mutual’s capital in businesses across the globe that are digitally transforming and disrupting the financial services sector around the world.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.