Nurture Foods, EXEO Capital‘s new food sector investment vehicle, announced its first investment last week, taking a significant minority stake in a well-established artisanal cheese business that produces more than 50 varieties of cheese made from both cow or goat milk. A representative declined to disclose how much capital is being invested in The Fairview Cheese Company which is based in Paarl in South Africa’s Western Cape. The Back family, who founded the business in 1980, are retaining a majority stake in the business.
Fairview will use the capital invested to develop additional products as well as tap international export markets. In addition, the deal allows for the Fairview Workers Trust to benefit from the deal and the anticipated growth of the business following the establishment of a goat milk supply company owned by the company’s workers.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.