Helios Investment Partners and InfraCo Africa are planning to co-launch a pan-African investment vehicle targeting opportunities in climate-aligned infrastructure projects and growth businesses. The move is in response to growing demand from international and African investors looking to back sustainable investment opportunities that both narrow the infrastructure gap on the continent and support communities susceptible to the negative impact of climate change. The platform’s acronym, a compound of the vehicle’s name; Climate, Energy Access, and Resilience.
“With our market-leading African infrastructure expertise, Helios and InfraCo Africa are excited to launch a vehicle which will enable investors to feel confident in the environmental credentials and likely returns of their investments,” said Gilles Vaes, InfraCo’s CEO. “CLEAR will also provide an opportunity for project developers to exit their projects, recycling their development finance and accelerating access to inclusive, clean infrastructure for Africa’s growing population.”
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.