CDC Group has hired someone with deep deal experience in West Africa to be the organization’s Coverage Director for Ghana. The British development finance institution confirmed the appointment of Kwabena Asante-Poku last week who joins them from PwC, where, as a Partner in the firm’s Deal Advisory practice, he headed up the professional services firm’s transaction advisory services business in Ghana and Nigeria.
In his new role, Asante-Poku will be responsible for CDC’s on-the-ground operations in Ghana. The DFI’s Ghanaian portfolio is currently made up of 43 businesses valued at $160 million. As well as originating new deals and overseeing the management of the DFI’s portfolio he will be focused on strengthening the relationship between Ghana and Britain, building relationships with key government stakeholders, local privately-held businesses, entrepreneurs, and others around the country.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.