Spear Capital has hired an experienced ESG specialist to advise, define strategy for, and oversee the sustainable business practices of its portfolio companies. Brondwyn Douglas joined the private equity firm in the role this month, bringing more than 18 years’ worth of experience in the ESG sector in Africa, the UK, and America working with investment firms and their portfolio companies to meet their investor requirements and achieve and maintain performance standards.
“Given the exponential growth in environment, social and governance-led investing in recent years, we are confident that by expanding Spear’s ESG team with someone adept not only at managing ESG opportunities but who is able to develop metrics and targets to ensure that sustainability objectives are being met, will be an essential benefit for Spear and our portfolio investments and so position us as a leader in this sphere,” says Shaw Mabuto, a partner at Spear Capital.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.