Bamba, a seed-stage startup launched this year by Bastian Gotter, has secured $3.2 million of seed capital from a group of VC and angel investors. The round was led by 468 Capital and saw participation from Presight Ventures and Jigsaw VC as well as angel investors Mato Peric, Leonard Stiegler, Laurin Hainy, and Thomas Stafford. The firm declined to disclose the valuation terms of the deal.
Bamba will use the money to hire more people for its engineering team and build out its mobile product offer. The startup is developing a mobile fintech app focused on providing merchants with easy-to-use tools to manage their customers, record sticks, receive and make payments as well as access cash advances against their future cash flow.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.