African Leadership International has announced it’s agreed to buy Holberton Inc, a Silicon Valley-based education business offering project-centered software engineering skills development as an alternative to college. Per Crunchbase, Holberton has raised $32.5 million since its launch in 2015 over a number of rounds from 20 investors who now exit the business. The financial and valuations terms of the acquisition, which is expected to close within the next 3 months have not been disclosed.
The two organizations already had an existing relationship. ALI first started partnering with Holberton to offer its advanced technology program two years ago and rapidly scale up software engineering skills in Africa. Over the past 12 months, more than 95 000 software engineering students have enrolled in African Leadership International’s ALX skills acceleration program, scaling over 2 000 times in the last 15 months.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.