Revego Africa Energy has acquired equity stakes in three solar PV assets in South Africa with a combined generating capacity of 52MW. The acquisitions are being made via the Revego Africa Energy Fund which will be benefiting from a £15 million follow-on commitment from UK Climate Investments, the UK Government’s climate finance vehicle that targets transformational green energy investments.
Globaleq is the majority stakeholder in all three projects. Two – Aries Solar Park and Konkoonsies Solar Park – are located in South Africa’s Northern Cape. Each has a generating capacity of 11 MW. The third – Soutpan – is located in Limpopo and has a generating capacity of 30 MW. With these investments, Revego’s portfolio is now made up of 4 solar assets and 3 wind assets, all of which have 20-year power purchase agreements.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.