Modus Capital announced the launch of a new Africa-focused venture fund last week to target startups developing solutions using Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain technologies. The fund, Modus Africa, aims to have raised $75 million by the time it wraps up fundraising at the end of the first quarter of next year to invest in Seed-plus stage startups. The fund’s activities will be led by two new Modus Partners, Andre Ayotte and Vianney Mathonnet, who joined the venture firm over the last 3 months. Both are based in Dubai,
Details of who the likely investors in the fund will be and what IRR the venture firm aims to deliver for them have not been disclosed. However, with one of the strongest blockchain adoption rates around the world and a significant market of prospective blockchain users, Africa offers investors significant opportunities over the next few years. As well as delivering strong financial returns, the fund’s activity is expected to have a big impact on the continent’s sustainable development.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.