Actis invests $220mln for 60% equity stake in Lekela Power partnership

In the most notable deal this week, Actis is investing $2 million to take a 60% equity stake in Lekela Power, a new renewable energy business it is setting up in partnership with Mainstream, a wind and solar developer, who will be putting up the remaining 40%. The rest of the funding for the $1.9 billion company will be provided as debt by DFIs and South African Banks.

Read more at Financial Times…

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.