The first fund sponsored by Joliba Capital has attracted interest from the International Finance Corporation. The development finance institution revealed it is considering an investment of €15 million in Joliba Fund I, a generalist private equity fund, helping it on its way to raising €150 million by the time it reached its final close.
Joliba I’s team will source growth and buyout investment opportunities in SMEs in Francophone West and Central Africa. The fund will acquire either minority or control stakes in the businesses it backs, using a range of equity, equity-linked, or mezzanine investment structures. While the fund is sector-agnostic, it will prioritize opportunities in the Agribusiness, Business Services, Consumer, Education, Financial Services, Healthcare, Transport, and Logistics industries, all consumer-driven sectors that will benefit from the region’s economic growth fundamentals.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.