In what marks its tenth equity investment, Amethis Finance is taking a minority stake in HMAO Group, a West African healthcare group of clinics and laboratories in the Côte d’Ivoire. The investment backs the HMAO’s management in their buyout of the stake owned by Saham Santé, a division of Saham Group, the Moroccan conglomerate backed by, among others, The Abraaj Group, Wendel and the IFC. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
HMAO manages almost 250 beds as well as owning 6 clinics, a dental clinic and a laboratory in the cities and towns of Abidjan, Bouaké and San-Pédro. Saham originally invested in the group in 2014, taking a majority stake, and since then has embarked on a major transformation of the group through a series of acquisitions, reorganizations and investments in technical facilities, creating a unique asset in the region.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.