Listed private education company ADvTECH reported its interim results for the first six months of the year last week. As part of the announcement, the South African-headquartered company revealed that it has made two acquisitions during the period – a full buyout of Capsicum Culinary School and a stake in distance learning specialist Oxbridge Academy. No financial details for either deal were disclosed. In July, the IFC announced that it had spent $22 million for a 4% stake via a private placement, making it the fifth largest shareholder in the company behind Visio Capital, Coronation Fund Managers, Old Mutual and the Public Investment Corporation.
Read more at Business Day…
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.