Emirati sovereign wealth fund Mubadala Investment Company and Bpifrance, the French national investment bank, are planning to launch a new Africa-focused private equity platform to make both fund and direct investments in the continent’s private equity and venture capital sectors. In total, the two organizations aim to put €350 million (or about $415 million) to work through the platform, investing in top-tier private equity and venture capital funds as well as rapidly growing startups, SMEs, and mid-caps on the continent.
“We are more convinced than ever of the tremendous potential of Africa’s private sector and of the pivotal role that African private equity will play in uncovering and empowering industrial and tech champions throughout the continent,” said Nicolas Dufourcq, Bpifrance’s CEO. “We hope more of our international partners will join us on this exciting African journey.”
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.