Crypto Valley Venture Capital (or CV VC), a Swiss investment firm targeting early-stage opportunities in startups that develop products, applications, or services built on blockchain technology, is opening its first African office in Cape Town. More and more blockchain applications are being implemented in the continent, and, according to the 2020 Global Crypto Adoption Index, South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria have the highest rates of crypto and blockchain adoption worldwide.
Over the next 4 years, CV VC aims to invest in 100 blockchain startups in Africa, and develop, in partnership with the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs an independent blockchain ecosystem in South Africa. The venture firm already has 4 African blockchain startups in its portfolio – Math for Money, Xion, Wildcards, and Proof of Impact – which will form the foundation of the goal.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.