Breadfast, a grocery delivery platform based in Egypt, has raised $26 million for its Series A round from a group of investors co-led by Vostok New Ventures and Endure Capital. The other investors in the round include JAM Fund, YC Continuity Fund, Shorooq Partners, 4DX Ventures, and Flexport. Additional details of the round have not been disclosed.
The business will use the funding to support its expansion plans. These include rapidly establishing operations in eight new cities in Egypt, hiring new people, scaling its technology, and preparing to expand its service offering across sub-Saharan Africa. Using the company’s app, Breadfast’s customers can order the delivery of groceries and other household essentials on either a scheduled or on-demand basis. The firm also plans to use some of the funding to reduce its order-to-delivery time from 60 to 20 minutes by expanding its web of dark stores.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.