Windhoek-based Eos Capital announced the first close for the alternative investment firm’s third and latest fund at the end of last week, The Euphrates Agricultures Fund has won commitments totaling N$90 million, or approximately $5.7 million, from local Namibian pension funds. Eos is aiming to deliver an IRR of 18% for the fund’s investors.
When the fund was launched in 2020, Eos gave the final goal close for the fund of N$500 million, or about $31.4 million at today’s exchange rates. Africa Capital Digest has now learned that that final goal has now been doubled to N$1 billion, or about $63 million, leaving the firm the not insignificant task of raising another N$900 million or so.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.