Mirova, the Paris-based impact investing affiliate of asset management giant Natixis Investment Management, has acquired SunFunder as part of its strategy to build an emerging markets platform dedicated to clean energy and climate change. A representative declined to disclose how much Mirova is paying for the solar debt financing business which got its start a decade ago as a crowdfunding platform. Since then, it has gone on to launch a series of blende finance investment vehicles into the market, investing more than $165 million in clean energy opportunities in Africa and Asia.
“We’ve heard a lot of talk about ESG1 investment, but there are very few companies like Mirova and SunFunder leading the pack with 100% truly sustainable investments,” said SunFunder’s founders Audrey Desiderato and Ryan Levinson in the statement announcing the deal. “Together we become the leading clean energy and climate investor in emerging markets, through bold new investments with real impact.”
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.