Mediterrania Capital Partners have started raising capital for their latest fund. The private equity firm is targeting €350 million for this, its fourth fund, which will make it the largest investment vehicle raised to date by the Malta-headquartered manager. Prospects of reaching this goal seem high; Mediterrania’s third fund closed in April 2020 with €286 million, some 14% higher than its initial €250 million goal.
The European Investment Bank is one of the first potential LPs evaluating a possible commitment to Mediterrania Capital IV (MC IV). The development finance institution announced last week that it is considering a €15 million investment in the fund, the same amount the institution invested in the fund’s predecessor when it was launched in 2017.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.