AfricInvest and MicroCred in MicroKing buyout

Private equity investment manager AfricInvest and MicroCred, a microfinance institution, have joined forces to acquire MicroKing Finance, a provider of microfinance products serving the micro, small and medium enterprise market in Zimbabwe. The business was acquired from a seller represented by Zimbabwe’s Deposit Protection Corporation, the liquidator of Afrasia Bank Zimbabwe, MicroKing’s parent company, which was placed under liquidation by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe in February 2015.

Once the deal has received regulatory approval, AfricInvest’s Financial Sector Fund will own 30% of MicroKing with MicroCred owning the remaining 70% balance of the firm. Additional terms of the deal were not disclosed.

To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here)

\"\"

Reserve your digital subscription today

Join now for $35 per month

Join now for $395 per year

for access to:

  • Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
  • Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
  • Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
  • Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
  • Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive

If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.