In what represents the largest realization for private equity investment in Africa’s toll road infrastructure to date, African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM) has successfully sold the South Africa Infrastructure Fund’s (SAIF) investments in three privately-concessioned toll roads. The buyers are a consortium of the assets’ largely existing investors which include the Public Investment Corporation, Liberty Group Limited, Old Mutual and Africa Finance Corporation. Additional terms of the deal were not disclosed.
According to an AIIM spokesperson, SAIF has reached its extended maturity date and certain fund investors favored an orderly realization of the funds investments. AIIM retains stakes in the toll roads through its other managed Funds.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.