African Infrastructure Investment Managers is taking a 44% equity stake on behalf of its third fund in Albatross Energy Mali as part of a mixed debt and equity financing package totaling €125.5 million.
Albatross Energy Mali is an independent power producer which will build, own, operate and eventually transfer a 90MW thermal power station in Kayes, Western Mali. The company has already struck a 20-year power purchase agreement with the country’s national utility, Energie du Mali, and, once operational, the new power station will increase the country’s total generating capacity by almost 25%.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.