AgDevCo is making a follow-on mezzanine debt investment in a poultry business with operations in Rwanda and Uganda which will use the financing to boost its production capacity as well as expand into the production of poultry feed. The social impact investor is investing another $3 million in Uzima Chicken, which it first backed in late 2017 with the same amount of financing.
“We’re delighted with Uzima’s progress so far,” said AgDevCo’s Chief Investment Officer, Chris Isaacs, in the press release announcing the deal. “The company is delivering higher incomes and better nutrition to tens of thousands of low-income households – and doing so profitably.”
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.