Oikocredit has become the first international investor to provide capital to Fin’Elle, a microfinance institution that backs women entrepreneurs building small and medium-sized businesses in Côte d’Ivoire with microfinance and mesofinance loans.
The social impact investor is providing the firm with a €2.3 million line of credit which will use the capital to provide financing to those SMEs that are seen as too small for consideration by commercial banks but are too big for microfinance institutions. The structure and terms of the facility have not been disclosed.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.