Having attained unicorn status with its Series C round in March last year, African payments technology startup Flutterwave has tripled its valuation following a Series D round backed by a group of new and returning investors. Between them, the investors, led by California-headquartered venture firm B Capital Group, are putting $250 million to work in the firm, at a valuation of $3 billion. This latest round lifts the amount of capital raised since the startup launched 6 years ago to $475 million.
The new investors joining Flutterwave’s cap table are Alta Park Capital, Whale Rock Capital, and Lux Capital. The two investment firms that led Flutterwave’s Series C last year – Avenir Growth Capital and Tiger Global – are back again, as are fellow existing investors Glynn Capital, Green Visor, and Salesforce Ventures.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.