Earlier this month, Old Mutual Investment Group announced the launch of an Africa-focused agricultural private equity fund which will make investments in African farmland (ex South Africa), agribusinesses as well as agricultural infrastructure and agricultural technology companies. Old Mutual is anchoring the fund with an initial $50 million commitment and is targeting a final close of $300 million within the next 3 years.
Old Mutual African Agriculture Fund I’s strategy will be to build an equity portfolio made up of 20 or so diversified agricultural assets which as well as providing investors with a solid financial return will also fulfill a number of ESG objectives and help economic development and empowerment in the regions in which they invest.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.