Capping a busy three weeks, Amethis announced the acquisition of a minority stake in a distributor and manufacturer of pharmaceuticals and healthcare consumable products with revenues of $200 million. The Africa-based private equity firm adds Avacare Global as the sixth company to the second fund’s portfolio, Amethis Fund II, which closed with €375 million or approximately $425 million in June 2019.
How much Amethis paying for the minority stake had not been disclosed as we went to press, but Amethis Fund II’s investment strategy typically targets deals sized between $10 million and $45 million in the businesses it backs. Avacare will use the capital to expand its manufacturing capacity, broaden its product offering and expand its business into new markets in Africa, including francophone countries where Amethis has strong connections and business networks. The fund will also work with Avacare on improving the company’s corporate governance processes.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.