Fresh from raising $100 million from its Series C round four months ago, African cross-border payments firm Chipper Cash banked another $150 million in an extension round last week from a group of new and existing investors. According to reports, the round values the 3-year-old fintech business at $2 billion, cementing its position as one of the continent’s most valuable startups.
The extension round was led by new investors FTX, a cryptocurrency exchange platform. In a vote of confidence in the business, as many as six of the startup’s existing investors participated in the extension. These include SVB Capital, which led the initial Series C in June, as well as Deciens Capital, Ribbit Capital, Bezos Expeditions, One Way Ventures, and Tribe Capital. So far, the round’s investors new to Chipper Cash’s cap table have not been named.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.