A group of investors has teamed up to back Ghana-based mPharma’s Series D round with $35 million last week, bringing the total amount of capital raised by the health tech startup to $65 million since it launched in 2013. The fund investors – Lux Capital, Unbound, Northstar, Social Capital, Novastar, TO Capital, and JAM Fund – are providing $30 million as equity between them. Citi is providing $5 million as debt. The financial and valuation terms of the transaction have not been made available.
mPharma will use the capital to expand the startup’s data structure, aggressively hire new people and triple the number of its employees over the next 3 years, and develop a new eCommerce solution for pharmaceutical companies as part of its plans to expand its revenues in its existing and new markets.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.