AfricInvest Private Credit is providing financing to a decade-old Kenyan hospital chain in what is the debt vehicle’s first investment in the country’s healthcare sector. Ruai Family Hospital Ltd (RFH) will use the credit facility to bolster its working capital position as well as support its plans to expand its chain of hospitals to many other locations across the country. As we went to press this week, the details of the financing’s structure had not been made available.
From humble beginnings, RFH now operates eight facilities offering its clients a broad range of hospital options from primary outpatient services to highly-specialized and critical care services. Currently, the hospital serves over 100,000 patients every year, both premium clients and those who rely completely on Kenya’s National Hospital Insurance Fund for their healthcare needs.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.