BluePeak Private Capital‘s maiden private credit and mezzanine fund has qualified for the 2X Challenge, a global gender finance initiative launched in 2018 by the development finance institutions of the G7 countries. The designation reflects the Tunis-based fund manager’s ongoing commitment to invest with a gender lens, thereby accelerating women’s economic empowerment as well as ensuring gender equity within its own organization and those of its portfolio assets.
With 40% of its workforce made up of women, BluePeak recognizes that gender equity, as well as being just, drives higher performance and increased employee engagement at both its own firm and in its portfolio companies. For its first investment, the planned $200 million BluePeak Private Capital Fund invested $15 million in the Grit Real Estate Income Group, a female-founded and managed real estate company focused on Africa. At Grit, women fill 48% of the firm’s managerial positions, 33% of the firm’s board, and 50% of the company’s workforce overall.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.