Marking its second deal for its first independent fund in as many weeks, SPE Capital Partners has acquired the majority stake held by another private equity firm in a Moroccan business process outsourcing firm. The fund manager is spending MAD 330 million (or approximately $33 million) to acquire the stake in Outsourcia from AfricInvest which first backed the business in 2016. The level of returns the exit earns AfricInvest‘s €150 million Mahgreb Private Equity Fund III has not been disclosed.
The transaction, which was led for SPE Capital by managing partner Stéphane Heuzé with the assistance of Tarek Lababidi, a principal with the private equity firm, adds the seventh asset to SPE AIF I’s portfolio. Both executives look likely to take a seat on Outsourcia’s board of directors, helping the business continue its planned growth trajectory using a series of organic and M&A initiatives.
To read this article, you must be a paid subscription member. (Current members login here
Reserve your digital subscription today
Join now for $35 per month
Join now for $395 per year
for access to:
- Weekly newsletter with original and curated news, analysis and perspective
- Africa’s private capital deals, fund raises and the investment firms and executives involved
- Portfolio company news that impacts value and stakeholder participation
- Job moves and partnerships between leading market participants
- Exclusive access to Africa Capital Digest’s full content archive
If you’d like more information on exceptional value group subscriptions for your colleagues and teams, please contact Teresa Hall at thall[at]africacapitaldigest.com today.